Snug Harbour Light
Since 1894 the south end of Snug Island has been home to Snug Harbour's rear range lighthouse. Its companion light is farther offshore on Walton Island. The Snug Harbour Rear Range lighthouse is a large, white structure with a distinctive red roofline. The gables of the two-story dwelling - instead of open and peaked - are miniature roofs that angle steeply and briefly down. The square, white tower rises from the center of the house's roof, narrowing to a square, red walkway that surrounds a much smaller, square, red lantern room. Inside, a warning beacon still shines across the blue waters of Georgian Bay. Marking the very edge of the shoreline in front of the lighthouse are the concentric red-and-white circles of a helipad, and towering over the complex nearby, is a huge radio antenna.
Accessibility: Not open to the public - accessible by boat only
North end of Snug Harbour on the south shore of Snug Island