Red Rock Island Lighthouse
As its name suggests, this light rests on a flat section of red rock smoothed by centuries of waves rolling over its surface. The exposed section of rock is small, only about three times the diameter of the round tower anchored securely to it. The base of the tower is painted bright red, the rest white. The top of the 42-foot-tall structure is a flat, red and white helicopter pad resting on four short skeleton legs that leave enough space for a small, red lantern room to be tucked in underneath. Originally established in 1870, the tower marks the entrance to the main channel to Parry Sound.
Accessibility: Not open to the public - accessbile by boat only
Red Rock Island at the entrance to Parry Sound