The Mississagi Straits lighthouse, was built in 1873, and sits on a section of flat white rock with just a hint of grass. From a lakeside corner of the two-story frame house, the square, wood tower rises just eight feet above the roof line before supporting a square walkway that provides a wide border around the narrow, octagonal lantern room. Attached to the back of the house is a one-story addition with its own chimney protruding from a dark red roof matching that of the main building. An even-smaller room off the end of the addition completes the long house. Tall cedars shade one side of the building, and down to the shore are thick bushes mixed with a few tall birch and cedar. The inside of the lighthouse has been converted into a museum with replica furnishings in each room giving an authentic 19th-century feel to the lightstation. The light tower, which can be climbed. There is a restaurant in the fog signal building and camping available on site.
AccessibilIty - Accessible by car and open to the public from the May long weekend until the 3rd Saturday in September 8am to 8pm 7 days a week.
Follow Hwy 540 to Meldrum Bay, then take Mississagi Lighthouse Rd. Located 12 km west of Meldrum Bay.