Manitowaning LighthouseIn 1883, the Federal Department of Marine and Fisheries working through the Department of Indian Affairs purchased a 50 square foot portion of land from the Anglican Church Mission for placement of a lighthouse. Although construction was delayed, the Manitowaning Lighthouse was established in 1886. The Manitowaning Lighthouse is located at 188 Arthur Street in Manitowaning and is presently operated by the Canadian Coast Guard (CCG) Marine Navigation Services (MNS). The building itself is not open to the public but it remains a notable historic site & popular attraction for visiting tourists.
End of Arthur Road - on a bluff overlooking Manitowaning Harbour